My name is Alan Deffenderfer. I help organizations become more efficient and lean using Agile principles and custom software development using FileMaker. Let me help your organization.
I come from a family of small business owners. I learned how effective management skills and the latest technology can help a business grow. I managed retail stores and various non-profit organizations where I developed custom software to help solve organizational problems all throughout the 90s and early 2000s.
In 2005 I founded ABD Enterprises when I moved to Maryland, where I have been a online merchant through Amazon and eBay as well as a database and business consultant who has worked with small businesses to Fortune 500s and even the United States Government. I’ve developed and deployed a wide variety of FileMaker business applications that scale from a single user to enterprise environments with hundreds of users.
If you need someone to help you or your organization increase productivity, remove waste, and automate repetitive tasks, then you should contact me.
- FileMaker Reporting Tool: Native FileMaker Crosstab Reporting Using SQL, Virtual Lists and Native FileMaker Charting.
- Enterprise FileMaker Security: Tips for increasing the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data in your solutions. PhillyFileMaker User Group, June 2016.
- Agile/Scrum Project Management for FileMaker. FMPUG-MN User Group, May 2016.
- How Agile/Scrum can Increase Client Happiness (and Yours!). Pause On Error (Cleveland), March 2016.
- Introduction to Scrum. Application Management and Development Branch (Army Research Lab – Aberdeen Proving Ground), March 2015.
- Integrating FileMaker with Amazon Web Services. PhillyFileMaker User Group, 2009.
- Founder of APG Agilists: I founded APG Agilists in 2016. APG Agilists is dedicated to encouraging the use of Agile Frameworks and Practices at Aberdeen Proving Ground and the Department of Defense.
- Scrum Alliance: To guide and inspire individuals, leaders, and organizations with practices, principles, and values that create workplaces that are joyful, prosperous, and sustainable.
- Project Management Institute: Project Management Institute is the world’s leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project, program and portfolio management profession.
- FileMaker Business Alliance: FBAs consult with companies on their FileMaker deployment, build FileMaker solutions, provide training resources for FileMaker customers, publish FileMaker materials, and develop data-driven websites based on FileMaker.
I hold several IT and Project Management Certifications
|Certified Scrum Professionals have demonstrated experience, documented training, and proven knowledge in the art of Scrum. CSPs challenge their Scrum teams to improve the way Scrum and other Agile methods are implemented for every project.|
|A Certified ScrumMaster® helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project’s overall success. CSMs understand Scrum values, practices, and applications and provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. CSMs act as “servant leaders,” helping the rest of the Scrum team work together and learn the Scrum framework. CSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions.|
|Certified Scrum Product Owner® professionals have been taught the Scrum terminology, practices, and principles that enable them to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. CSPOs are typically the individuals who are closest to the “business side” of the project. They are charged by the organization to “get the product out” and are expected to do the best possible job of satisfying all the stakeholders. CSPOs maintain the product backlog and ensure that everyone knows the priorities.|
|Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS.works gives an overview. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.|
|The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® formally recognizes knowledge of agile principles and skill with agile techniques. The PMI-ACP spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.)|
|FileMaker Certification is the official credential offered by FileMaker, Inc. Being a certified developer demonstrates to clients, peers and management that you’ve achieved an essential level of knowledge, experience and skills in developing FileMaker solutions.|
|The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification designates IT professionals with advanced-level security skills and knowledge. CASP covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).|
|The ITIL Foundation level is a certification which offers a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® service lifecycle, including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.|
|The Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is a professional who is versed in the basics of the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who supports improvement projects as a part of a team or conducts small projects on a part time basis. A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt possesses a solid understanding of DMAIC methodology.|
ABD Enterprises specializes in custom FileMaker database development and can help your organization streamline business processes, improve workflow, and increase productivity. If you need help developing a custom business solution for your organization, we can help.
Our clients come from many places: Baltimore (Maryland), Washington D.C., Delaware, Philadelphia, (Philly), New York and Los Angeles.